34 weeks!

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Dear Macyn 7

Dear Macyn,

Today...I've wanted to hold you more than anything. Today it is almost breaking my heart to not have you here. Today I am ready.

I want you to wait...3-5 more weeks....but I'm ready for you now.

It almost pains me to see other babies. Its not the same. I don't want to hold other babies, or coo over them or talk to them. I want to coo over my baby. I want to hold my baby. I want to see and kiss and hug and love MY BABY!

I can feel your body inside me. Its the craziest feeling to feel a whole body inside you. To know that you are big and healthy and strong. I love to know that you are squirming around happily in there.

I can't wait to see you squirm outside my belly. I can't wait to see you stretch your legs all the way out and hold your arms out wide! I'll say "Look how big you are my little Macyn!" I will marvel over your growth and your strength! I will kiss your chubby cheeks and smell your fuzzy hair!

Today I laid out your coming home outfit. I picked out a kimono style white wrap shirt that has an "M" sewed on the front. The "M" is a brown fabric with colorful polkadots on the front. Then I picked out brown soft cotton pants with a little ruffle on the butt and cute pink shoes! And to top it off, a pink crocheted hat with a brown ribbon clipped on it! I'm so excited. I love it and can't wait to see it on you! We also got a special blankie to bring you home with. Its pink and brown with little houses all over it! Its a great coming home blanket!

Now we have your pack and play, swing, stroller and car seat, crib, dresser, etc. Its all set up and ready for your imminent arrival! I have stuff for my hospital bag ready and now your first outfit! We are so excited!

We can't wait to meet you Macyn! (But we are praying that you choose to wait a few more weeks!) We know you will come when you are ready...and I don't know if we can ever be ready ... but we are excited!

I love you baby girl! With all of my heart and soul! Forever and always <3
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment